Introducing The Fashion Studio
Applications for this year’s Fashion Studio have now closed. More details of the programme with be revealed soon.
PREFER TO APPLY LATER?
Use the link below and we will send you a link directly to your email
ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
THE FASHION STUDIO RESIDENCY
This residency will give emerging fashion designers a platform to succeed in the fashion industry, with free London studio space, professional equipment and a presentation of your work during London Fashion Week. The designers will be guided up to LFW by a creative council made up of industry leaders.
A season of talks and masterclasses by influential guest speakers will be free to attend for all the designers, covering everything from design, to business models, publicity, marketing and more - providing valuable insight into the inner workings of the fashion industry.
Designers will leave with industry contacts and invaluable guidance to further their fashion careers with nationwide exposure via Peroni Nastro Azzurro social channels.
ELIGIBILITY & JUDGING CRITERIA
The residency is open to all fashion designers & makers that specialise in creating ready to wear clothing.
Candidates must fall in to one of the following categories - but not limited to: Designers who are in the early stages of their careers. Designers who may not have had formal training but can demonstrate their talent and commitment to their practice. Graduates with BA or MA degrees.
We will select candidates based on their skill set and style of work.
- Originality: Demonstration of approaching the creative process or problem solving in unique ways and strength of personal expression through design.
- Style: Through their work and submitted written application demonstrate a confident, effortless manner or technique.
- Craft: Demonstration of skill and dexterity in their work along with appreciation of craft and processes demonstrated through their written application.
EQUIPMENT & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
The space will be fully equipped as a ready-to-work studio, containing the following equipment:
- Industrial sewing machines
- Babylock overlock
- High-speed overlockers
- Overlocker machines
- Industrial steam irons and vacuum tables
- Tabletop iron
Selection of black & white bulk threads for overlockers, pattern paper, calico, general equipment such as scissors, garment rails, storage boxes will also be provided.
Equipment to be outsourced by designers:
- Button hole machine (beyond capability of domestic button machine)
- Any embroidery & print work
- Any specialised technical assistance
- Fabric will not be provided as part of the programme - designers to source independently
This residency allows for one place in the studio per candidate. We cannot extend the residency to members of a candidate’s team, such as their machinist or pattern cutter, etc.
All candidates must be 18+.
All candidates must live in UK, ROI or NI
Any candidates under 25 years of age will not be featured in publicity communications from Peroni, due to alcohol responsibility policies. However, they will still benefit from all other benefits and may be featured as part of third party coverage.
Entries close Sunday 20th May 2018 23:59 BST.